Any plastic packaging, even soft plastic, can be disposed off in your household recycle bin once it has been ‘clean and dry’.
It is a significant shift, since rigid plastic used to be allowed in your green trash can.
It occurs in the wake technology upgrades at recycling centers in Ireland.
These centres will seperate any plastics that cannot be recycled and make Solid Recovered Fuel. This can be used to replace fossil-fuelled cement kilns.
Here are some guidelines to help you decide what to put in your recycling container.
What can you put in the household recycle bin
- Soft plastics: All types of plastic packaging including bubble wrap, bread wrappers breakfast cereal bags, frozen food bag, 6 pack rings and carrier bags
- Rigid plastics – e.g. bottles, trays, yoghurt pots, biscuit trays, takeaway containers
- You can still use pizza boxes, but you should dispose of any leftovers or crusts in the food waste container
- Crisp packets are not recyclable if they become soiled. But, you can put them in the recycle bin and get them sent as solid recovered fuel.
What you cannot put in your recycling bin
- Food waste – food waste should be placed in your food waste/compost bin, if you have one
- Empty aerosol bottles – bring them to a local civic site or, if that’s impossible, place them in the general waste container
- You should bring your batteries/brights to a drop-off location.
- Glass – take it to the local bottle bank
- Garden waste can be thrown in the food waste container
- Clothes – Should be taken to a clothes bank, charity shop, or textile recycling centre
- Pringles Tubes – Should be put in general trash, but put the lid in your recycling bin
- Useful wipes and nappies
- Electrical items
- Kitchen cloths
- Useful paper towels
- Used matches
All types and sizes of rubbish collection in Dublin County
Our company supports commercial waste recycling and rubbish collection through their two-man truck teams. This company offers a high-quality, alternative skip hire service in Dublin. Large and small companies in Dublin County can have their rubbish removed and collected.
Here is a complete list of rubbish removal companies from Rubbish Taxi.
We’re experts in office clearance. We can take away all of your office waste, including IT equipment.
Let us handle your house clearance needs. We can remove all household waste and rubbish in Dublin. We can take away large items such as furniture and mattresses that are too heavy to fit into a car. We can often dispose of items that are longer than 8ft (2.5m), and we can often break down larger items.
We are here to assist you if your need is for a residential trash collection business that offers excellent customer service. Our bed and mattress disposal rates in Dublin County are very competitive. The cost to dispose of certain items can be higher than others, depending on the recycling method used.
We can provide reliable services for all your waste disposal needs. We can dispose of rubbish in commercial buildings.
Our waste removal services in Dublin can help you dispose of builders waste, regardless of how large your construction site may be.
We remove all types garden waste: Trampoline, Tree Stumps, Trampoline and Garden Waste.